This morning I was called a "bitch" by my 3 year old. And before you all gasp at how terrible she is, I have to tell you it was definitely the first time she has ever said it. You should have seen the look on her face when she registered from my reaction that it was obviously not a word she should have said. It was actually very funny. It all started when her Dad joked with her that I was a "silly billy" or something to that effect. She then whispered to him that "no, she is a bitch". (Oh, I'm giggling as I write this). Then (when he stopped laughing) and I said, quite seriously, that it was not a nice way to describe anyone, and that she really shouldn't use it the word, she began to get all misty eyed, and hugged me and told me she was sorry and loved me. I had to tell her how funny it was to hear her say it, and I knew she didn't realise what it meant, so that she didn't burst into tears. Gosh they're precious little things at this age. Let's face it, I am sure she will be calling me that behind my back in about 10 years or so, but in the meantime, I will enjoy my sensitive little angel.

Here's the little angel in her cubby. Four poster beds are the best for cubbies!

0 comments: