Been thinking about motherhood a bit lately. It can be so exhausting at times, but it is also the biggest source of joy in my life. I adore my littlies, and they continue to amaze me on a daily basis. I think that the fact that my other half posted this on his blog the other day, is also one of the reasons I have been thinking about motherhood. That, and talking to a good friend the other day about it.

I don't really think Rohan had any real idea of what he or I were into, when we became pregnant for the first time. He was inspired to take this photo of me when Helena was about 18 months old. It was a little homage to mothers taking care of their family, without complaint. We are mums, cleaners, cooks, lovers, friends and more.

Respect, to all you mums out there. And to my mum, love you!

5 comments:

rachel skrobalak said...

ditto! oh i love this photo. i feel so much better about my neglected dishes now! i have been thinking about motherhood too. maybe something's in the air.

Meg said...

Best. Photo. Ever.

RoLuc said...

Thats were you belong!!!!! ;-)

Kim said...

Thanks girls! Not you, Mr RoLuc, you are just cheeky!

Kate said...

Steph and I are in the kitchen cooking cupcakes and she showed me this. Brilliant photo. Bren is stuck in traffic on the west gate but I am still hoping to come tonight. Maybe a bit late though.